Sunday, May 13, 2007

Post Modern Archaeology Around Greatness.


Picasso . Tv-Video-photo. zocco dizzyache

“It is this avid and ambitious desire to take possession on the object for the benefit of the owner or even the spectator which seems to me to constitute one of the outstandingly original features of Western civilization”.Levi Strauss;

“if my art is wanted so I am justified”

“if desire is the father of discontent then let me be a bastard”


Artist’s lament.

……if i can make art which stirs you
wounds you
seeps into your soul
then i have succeeded
if you want to keep this experience
possess this experience
and hold onto it like a lover about to depart….
i have indeed succeeded……
in making great art.
then will i be great…?
alas t’is not my fate
how can i make you want my art …?
hear its song ?
its lamentation.?
and though I fail at every point….
in desperation….
Still i dig…..
to seek the magic
to find this elixir
this ambrosia which will transform me into a paradigm of Greatness
i shall leave no stone unturned in my yearning to validate myself,
though I know not who I am or was before
through osmosis
and tenacity
i can be great of this i am sure
and so I beseech and request
beg ,plea and implore
that fate you should help me be the best
and my place in history be secure
yet…what is this darkness which lingers in me still
for every effort and every will
hollows out my bloody heart
it weeps as greatness still evades
each tiny glimpse evanesced and erased
efforts met with failure ,with disdain
and so the paintings stop before they start
and filled with panic
filled with pain
I plunder archives once again.

Inspired By Yeat's drivelly bits.

zocoo.

The Camus and Burnt Sausages Getting Nowhere Fast Project, is based on a futile search for Greatness. Inspired by Linda Nochlin’s essay ‘Why have There been No Great Women Artists’; Foulcaults , ‘Will To Knowledge’; Nietzsche’s ,’Genealogy Of Morals’, and Bas Jan Arder’s ‘I am too sad to tell You’.

The paintings, videos, archives and photos are a by product of a process which embraces serendipity , accident, chance and the will to power .The project is an excavation into the past and around the present, which seeks to discover the elusive secret , and plunder the process which goes into making men great……in this it is doomed to fail. …it is about the futile. As was Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein . Emmy




Man's futile endeavors in the name of truth and progress.
"i already told you , i don't remember"

No comments: